Sunday 29 October 2017

All in good time.


Location (& Pose) : Fall Trace

I've been thinking about the word "Fall" a lot lately. Being English, I tend to mostly use the term "Autumn" in relation to the season, and it always amuses me that Americans tend to use the word "Fall". For me, when you fall it's probably bad. Falling equates to pain, as you can't really fall over without smacking something. I vividly remember the last time I fell over as a fully grown adult; I woke up desperately needing to pee (like you do), hopped fairly eagerly out of bed and promptly got a foot twisted in the opposite leg of my pajama bottoms. I'm sure I slow-mo'd all the way to the floor, arms whirling comically as I attempted to right myself before hitting my knee and forehead on the floor with what must have been a fairly resounding thud. I also whacked my elbow so badly I took a visit to the emergency room only to find out it was a simple sprain. It took weeks for me to get the full movement back in that arm. 

It leads me to ponder the term "Fall in love" too. I'm not sure I want to 'Fall' into love. I'd like to be fully aware i'm doing it. I want to relish every moment, to run headfirst, kicking and screaming into that feeling, not just trip and find myself there. Maybe I'm finally growing up.

Being the curious kitty I am, I ended up Googling the term "Fall" in relation to autumn, and found out this fun fact :

"city dwellers began to use the phrase “fall of the leaf” to refer to the third season of the year when trees lose their leaves. The word fall comes from the Old English word feallan which means “to fall or to die.” Over time, the phrase was shortened to fall."

I've never heard of the term "feallan" either. Thank you, Google.


All of the things :

Body, Hands & Feet : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Skin : Essences - Rachel @ Shiny Shabby
Head : CATWA Catya
Eyes : CATWA Mesh Eyes 
Eye Applier :  Go & See * Hole * Catwa Eyes The Dark Style Fair
Hair & Scarf : /Wasabi Pills/ Aspen Mesh Hair
Sweater : .miss chelsea. Brea Sweater  @ Uber
Skirt : .miss chelsea. Brea Skirt @ Uber
Socks (Applier) : fri. - Cozy.Socks 
Shoes : Phedora ~ Sorcha Flats @ Uber


No comments:

Post a Comment