Wednesday 7 November 2018

Into ashes.


Pose : oOo bon_five

Axe : RO - Zombie Axe 

Background things : *alirium* DownyGrass 
[H] Fireplace
[AF] Baring Bear Rug
[NYNE] Old Tent - normal (Gacha) @ The Fantasy Gacha Carnival

The Fantasy Gacha Carnival opened it's doors today, and there's a plethora of amazing creations just ready to tempt you into parting with your pennies!
The theme of this round is "Wild West, Cowboys and Native Americans, West world & Firefly inspired." You can find more information on the website >Here< which includes designer & blogger information, along with event staff and other relevant thingies!
xoxo

Edit, 22nd Dec 2018.
Hi! I'm coming to you from the future... or is it the past now you're reading it? I'm not even sure. Whatever!
Today I've done a little bit of soul searching with regards to what is cultural appropriation, and what is cultural appreciation. Firstly, I want to make 100% clear that this post was made with love and good intentions, in response to a sponsor (Big up the FGC!) and their Wild West theme.
Immediately, I felt like this was erring on the side of awkward because of the potential for "appropriation". However, I plodded forwards due to the fact that I absolutely adore and have the utmost respect for all cultures... however, I can still be ignorant to those cultures, and that is NOT okay.
Today I found out why the Native American theme could potentially have blown up big time, and why I needed to come and explain things here and it's mostly to do with the headdress.
From what I have gathered in my small amount of investigations, is that the Native American Headdress is reserved for Elders, it is not just a cultural "costume" but it also has heavy spiritual connotations attached to it. By wearing a headdress when you are NOT an Elder, and using it as a costume, it's considered offensive because you are belittling the garb that the deserving person has worked an entire lifetime to achieve.
I am leaving this post up as a reminder to do my effin' research, and to lightly educate if anyone ever reads this far back into my bloggity blog. I sincerely apologize for my ignorance. That said, please enjoy the credits!
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Skin : TRES BEAU MAKEUP CATWA Hailey
Head : CATWA Lona
Hair & Head-dress : [taketomi]_Haiwee_
Face & Body Tattoo : Ghost'Ink :: ROWTAG WAR PAINT (Gacha) The Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Dress : (*<*) 1313 iApache Dress - Buckskin (Gacha) The Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Bones : [NYNE]  Bone Top (Gacha) The Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Shoes : #EMPIRE - Noisette @ FaMESHed


No comments:

Post a Comment