Sunday 11 November 2018

No surrender.


Pose : *!R.O!* Archer BENTO Pose (Includes mesh bow, not used)

Bow & Quiver : Ariskea [ Sentinel ] Gacha (from a LONG time ago)

Location : Lost Lagoon

I want to start off this post with an absolutely massive shout-out to Reve Obscura poses. Without seeming to blow smoke up the butts of one of my sponsors (and making it entirely clear that they do indeed allow me the use of their items as a sponsor), they are without doubt one of the best bento pose makers in SL, according to the shapes I enjoy wearing.
Bento poses (and any poses for that matter), tend to need a little tweaking whether that's by adjusting the shape of the avatar, or the use of the god-sent Animare hud (available on marketplace >Here<)
With Reve Obscura, there have been very few times I have had to make adjustments, or use the animare hud, and for that reason they will remain a go-to for me. I have purchased several of the poses before they've been distributed to bloggers - that's how much I love this store!

I got a little disappointed again today, because I received another rejection from a store that I love. 
I make sure I only apply to stores and events I adore, I won't fill out an application for a place I don't genuinely want to support. I have massive, massive issues with the selection process, and I entirely believe that 90% of the time, likes and faves on flickr or social media determine the outcome of your application. I'm not -active- active anywhere on flickr, facebook or any other platform, and that's a choice I make because I do not want to a. cause unnecessary drama about my personal opinions, especially because most of my opinions are stated in this blog quite plainly, and b. it's not in my nature to sit in on this "fave for fave" or "share for share" environment that seems to be essential to 'getting your name out there'.
Don't get me wrong, I entirely applaud every single blogger and photographer purely because I know how much effort goes in to each and every post/photo. I have no issues with hitting like, sharing, or favouriting photo's I genuinely love, but I am NOT going to do it for every single picture in the hope that I get the same treatment back. I don't think that's fair, and it's kind of like giving a child a trophy just for taking part in sports day.
I hear crazy stories about people sitting on flickr for three hours a day.. an hour in the morning to catch up on photo's they've missed over night, an hour at lunch time where they backtrack over any  pictures from the morning, and again before they go to sleep so they can fave the ones they missed since lunch. I'd much rather chill out and pretend to be busy elsewhere than feel that kind of pressure for likes.
I realize that my theories on this can potentially be controversial, but it's something that plagues my mind daily. For that reason, I will continue to meander along, enjoying the talented sponsors I am currently lucky enough to blog for, and keep putting myself out there when a spot comes up at a store I am crazy about, fully aware that I'll likely miss out! 
With all that gotten out of my system, here's the stuff you really want to know! More beautiful items from FGC, the theme of this round is "Wild West, Cowboys and Native Americans, West world & Firefly inspired." You can find more information on the website >Here< 
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Skin : TRES BEAU MAKEUP CATWA Hailey
Head : CATWA Lona
Eyebrows : Bossie. alice eyebrows [catwa]
Eyes : HERMONY / EYES OF THE BEHOLDER @ TMD
Hair & Headband : Lamb. Zelda II
Head & Body Tattoos : [Demonic] Nuwuvi Tattoo & [Demonic] Yuma II Tattoo The Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Dress, Headpiece & Rings : ERSCH - Volla Gacha The Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Fur hoodie & Leg pieces : [I<3F] Thyra The Fantasy Gacha Carnival


No comments:

Post a Comment