Thursday 25 October 2018

Not me.


Pose : Foxcity. Effortless v1-2m

Location : My home. Currently private.
Cage : Stockholm&Lima: The Princess Cage

I was talking with Jake today about SL people (not specific people, just people in general) and how we view avatars.
To me, it's always been a case of being attracted to an avatar and then maybe connecting with the person behind it. I know, I know... Pickle, you're shallow af! To a degree, that's right. In terms of avatars I can be super shallow, and probably won't initiate contact with someone I don't enjoy the appearance of. However, that doesn't mean I'll poopoo a conversation with someone who doesn't appeal to me, in terms of their avatar.. in fact, many people I connect with on an intellectual level don't have the same style as me and a lot of the time, don't even enjoy shopping - an idea that is completely foreign to me!
I'm going to use the conversation we were having (with permission!) to enlighten you on my theory.

 ᴊᴀᴋᴇ : I'm following in the trendy footsteps of the pickle
 ᴊᴀᴋᴇ : who has declared that avis are whatever you say they are....that day
 Pɪᴄᴋʟᴇ : Yes
 Pɪᴄᴋʟᴇ : I don't think your avatar is a reflection of you in the way it looks
 Pɪᴄᴋʟᴇ : but in the way it behaves.
Pɪᴄᴋʟᴇ nods
ᴊᴀᴋᴇ : my avi is pretty much just a handy conduit I use to gain an experience
Pɪᴄᴋʟᴇ : Yeah, kind of like a pen writes on paper, you use your av to connect.
Pɪᴄᴋʟᴇ : you can have a £2 pen
Pɪᴄᴋʟᴇ : or a £200 pen
 Pɪᴄᴋʟᴇ : it does the same thing

We don't all play SL the same way and it's important to remember that.
I find it such a shame when a new SL'er is cast out because of how they look, and even worse when an older resident is ignored because they don't fit the bill of a certain clique's appearance needs.
There are hidden gems everywhere - and sometimes, that free pen from the bank is gonna write far smoother than the fancy expensive pen.
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Skin : Insol: Seo applier, tone 'Tanned' 
Head : CATWA Catya
Eyes : Hayaru - Jung mesh eyes
Ears : L'Etre - Basic mesh ears 
Hair : .Entwined. Charlotte @ Shiny Shabby
Dress : -Narcisse- Vadim Chain Dress @ FameshedX
Shoes : BUENO-High Heels @ Kustom9


No comments:

Post a Comment