Tuesday 11 September 2018

We need to talk.


Pose : Foxcity. Formal vol2-7m (Edited with Animare)

Location : Missing Melody

Bag : (OLD! May not be available!) -David Heather-Chiot Bag/Grey

There seems to be a bit of a 'thing' at the moment (again) surrounding Body Positivity... and it's all been kicked off (again) by Tess Holiday being given a cover on a magazine.
The overall consensus seems to be "If supermodels aren't body positive because they're too skinny, how is Tess Holiday any better, because she's too fat?"
Let me preface any more conversation on this matter by saying "Hi, I'm Pickle, and IRL I has The Chubs." So, you're getting my unfiltered opinion now, knowing I am not skinny.
As far as I'm aware, Tess Holiday does work out, and doesn't necessarily eat a bunch of shite, but that's all hearsay and we don't actually know for certain. Just because you see her munching on avocado toast on Instagram, it doesn't mean she's not ordering a major Chinese Take-Out when the camera isn't flashing.
However!
These bodies we are given are the only bodies we will ever have. THAT is fact. There may be ways of modifying the body with some work-outs and ofc the whole plastic surgery thing, but ultimately, we can't bodyswap yet, so the body we're born with is going to remain with us until the day we die and although I wish we had our SL sliders in RL, I'm not mad at my body for being the way it is, it's so far served me very well.
Now, I don't think supermodels OR Tess Holiday are suitable for the role model tags. In fact, I'm incredibly unsure as to who would be, mostly because we don't see people 24hrs a day, 7 days a week, we are all human and sometimes we are going to make mistakes. My opinion on the whole scenario is literally "Fuck 'em". Listen to your body - because no one knows it better than you. 
If you want to lose or even gain weight, do it. But do it carefully, and with thought and pre-planning. Set a goal weight, talk to your doctor and once you've reached that weight, STOP. Even when I was skinny I thought I was fat, and that's on ME. No one would tell me I was fat, in fact, quite the opposite. I was told I was too thin around my wrists a bunch and people suggested I should eat more when I was at my thinnest - and it wasn't even THAT thin!  Since I have put on a lil more weight and now I have my chunky tummy and my fuller cheeks I've been told quite regularly "You'd be so pretty if you lost some weight." Literally, i'm like, whut bitch? Because I have a fuller figure I'm no longer pretty? K.
I think the goal is to feel content with your body. I would like to be thinner - but I would also like to be healthier, too. I know with my situation being the way it is right now, I'm not going to be able to eat as healthily as I would like, so rather than changing my diet (which I will do in the future), I have decided to change the way I eat. I'm controlling my portion size, and spending more time on actually eating - enjoying the food before I use it to just fill my tummy and the crippling void of self loathing *coughs* yes, I can be an emotional eater! I'm not silly enough to believe this is going to make a massive difference, but it makes me FEEL BETTER about myself, and ultimately, that's the goal.
As an end to this Pickle-Rant, what I would like, regardless of your size, is for you to love yourself.
Your body does not define you. Your actions and your words have far more of an impact on the people that matter than your weight ever will.
Love yourself, because no matter what, you are worthy of your own kindness.
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body Hands & Feet: -Belleza- Freya
Skin : Atelier Pepe - Whitney @ Vanity
Head & Eyes: GENUS Project - Genus  Bento head  - Mocap (BETA!)
Eye Applier : Go&See * Babe * Genus Project Eyes
Glasses : #SHOOK - Lunari Sunglasses 
Hair : little bones. Lucid @ Collabor88
Choker : * Cocoroni : Flower Choker (No longer available)
Necklace : Cae :: Lalaphant :: Necklace (Formerly FLF)
Shirt : BUENO-Laura Top @ Collabor88
Nails : (NO) French Tip Mesh Nails
Rings : (Yummy) Curator Rings Set
Pants : Vinyl - Hart Wide Legs @ Collabor88
Sandals : Reign. - BRAIDED BEACH SANDALS (Gacha)


No comments:

Post a Comment