Saturday 15 September 2018

Make me cry.


Pose : FOXCITY. Good Morning-7m

Background : wr - D....I....S....C.....Oh

I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to write here today (as usual, I suppose), but I decided to pick up on the Dappa Scars set and open a dialogue that I think is glossed over quite regularly.
There's a pretty big difference between self-harm and masochism.
From a personal standpoint, I find it difficult to understand either of these actions, but I am aware they exist, and where the Dappa tattoos may look beautiful in terms of SL, they would be extremely scary for me to witness on a friend irl.
I'm pretty ignorant to all of this, honestly - and please read the following knowing I am not an expert, but this is merely an opinion.
Self-harm is usually a way to feel, to keep control of a world that is spinning wildly on it's axis. It's about relief or a distraction to stop you from overthinking a certain subject. I'm sure there are many more reasons for hurting yourself, but ultimately it's a means to peace, no matter how brief. I can't say I agree, but I will attempt to be sensitive to those who self-harm while suggesting they seek some kind of help, even if it's just opening up to someone on a regular basis.
With masochism, it's an enjoyment of the pain. It's not about hurting yourself through shame or lack of control, but because the pain is erotic, or serves a purpose. Masochists will often hook up with people who enjoy inflicting this kind of pain, Sadists. The relationship between these two kinds of people can be pretty explosive from what I gather, but please be aware this is entirely different to abuse. Consent will feature highly on the agenda of the couple, and the pain is not inflicted so that the Masochist feels worthless or less than, in fact it's very often a way of showing love and affection.
I realize this isn't for everyone, and honestly, you approach me with a razorblade, a knife or ask no matter how politely, to punch me in the face and I WILL run away as fast as possible, however I do respect that some people need this type of a relationship to function.

The only, only reason I mentioned any of this is because I don't want it to be "cool" to cut. 
It's not cool. It's very uncool.
There is also a very fine line between S&M and abuse, and if you feel negatively about the type of relationship you're in, please think carefully before you allow it to continue.
Wishing you a safe, sane and consensual Saturday.
xoxo


Go&See has produced a fantastic new skin for catwa - called "Isla".
It's available in two exclusive tones - Witchy and Moonly along with a usual tone, Pale.
I absolutely love all of these tones, there are very slight differences - pale is definitely more pink, witchy has a slightly greeny-blue undertone and moonly is more luminous.


All of the things : 

Body : Slink Physique Hourglass Mesh Body  
Skin : Go&See * Isla * @ The Fantasy Collective
Head : CATWA Catya
Ears : ^^Swallow^^ Noldor Elf Ear
Hair : Blues. Nori 
Collar : -Narcisse- Querencia Collar
 Tattoo/Scars : DAPPA - Daddy's Scars. @ Equal10
Sweater : Tee*fy Winnie Slouchy Sweater  
Panties : From the BigBeautifulDoll - SUSANNE Mesh Lingerie Set
Socks : .tsg. Prissy Ruffle Socks 
Shoes : #SHOOK - Kadie Heels @ Access


No comments:

Post a Comment