Thursday 13 September 2018

Tell the world.


Pose : Foxcity. Soulfood-5

Headphones : .miss chelsea. Niki Headphones Onyx (From the Day to Slay Gacha)

Location : Southern Roots Town Square

Plato apparently said "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything."

I have to admit, I kind of agree.
I have never been overly passionate about a particular band or style of music. 
At 7 or 8, my next-door neighbour went to a Michael Jackson concert and bought me back a program. Instantly I decided that I was going to marry him, and made it my goal to learn (very basically) the keyboard notes to "Beat it".
At 11, I started to get really interested in learning to make my own music, and eventually was chosen to learn the Viola (instances of that nonsense have been previously spoken about in this blog!).
When I was 16ish (shh), I thought I had a crush on Gary Barlow from Take That - but I didn't really. I just wanted to be accepted by the kids at school who thought Take That were the shit.
It was around the same time I was lucky enough to see The Rolling Stones in concert (admittedly the only concert I have ever been to), and without a doubt it is something I will remember forever, despite not being a superfan. The atmosphere was beyond amazing, all those people of different ages coming together, celebrating the sound of Mick Jaggers impeccable vocals.
Breaking up with my first 'proper' boyfriend at age 18 left me sobbing as I clicked record watching MTV, capturing all the sappy lovesongs I could possibly think of on VHS and then in an act that now leaves me cringing, I passed the video to his friend to give to him. Ugh. I'm pretty sure Britney Spears and BackStreet Boys were prevalent across that awful, embarrassing vid.
When I found out I was pregnant, Pink Floyd's "The Wall" became super important to me -  my daughter kicked IN RHYTHM for the entire song when I was in the car... and when she was born Travis' "Flowers in the window" made me cry and Plumbs "In my arms" made my heart explode.
When I broke up with my Fiance, and I thought my world was ending, Leona Lewis and Three Days Grace pulled me through, my bedroom windows open and me singing loud enough to disturb the neighbours #noshame.
More recently, my Daughter performed Adele's "Chasing Pavements" in public, and now I can't listen to that without remembering the pride I felt watching her confidence shine.

What i'm trying to say is that for every important part of your life, there has probably been a song that you can relate to. A memory that is attached, whether good or bad.
I revel in these songs, these moments, and I hope you do, too.
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body Hands & Feet: -Belleza- Freya
Skin : Atelier Pepe - Whitney @ Vanity
Head & Eyes: GENUS Project - Genus  Bento head  - Mocap (BETA!)
Eye Applier : Go&See * Babe * Genus Project Eyes
Ears : L'Etre - Basic mesh ears 
Earrings : :: SAGA :: Moon Phase Earrings 
Glasses : MINIMAL - Gio Glasses -Gold- (Gacha)
Hairbase : SIIX // Cambodian Hairbase
Hair : little bones. India @ Collabor88
Tattoo : DAPPA - Ivory Tattoo. @ Anybody
Outfit : .miss chelsea. Naja Set @ Equal 10
Sneakers : [VALE KOER] THE ALTER PLATFORMS


No comments:

Post a Comment