Tuesday 5 December 2017

What is real.


Pose : FOXCITY. Insomnia-3m
Background : taikou / gaien market backdrop 

I've been accused of being pretty interchangeable, of not being the same person from one day to the next. Although I feel that -mostly- i'm the same, I can understand where this viewpoint comes from.
In terms of SL, I feel like every day I can be something new. I can be a neko, a human, a minotaur (i've not tried that yet, but now it's on my to-do list. Do they come in girl-form?), a goth, a babygirl etc etc, and generally when my clothing changes my mood does a bit too. 
Where I believe my soul is ultimately the same daily, every interaction, every slice of information I learn *I* think shapes my view of the world. Sometimes I can come across as quite the pessimistic asshat, other times, I'm legit telling you how content I am with things exactly as they are, and in the next breath wishing I could do -this- better, or be -that- to someone. 
We're complicated and sometimes, while we're busy trying to figure out ourselves, we lose pieces to situations, other people, and often our own selves in an attempt to fit in, or shelter ourselves from former hurt.
Over the last few years especially, I've been trying to understand myself.
My theory is - I'm not a label.
Much like the premise of the film "The Breakfast Club" back in the 80's, we're more than just the  labels we attempt to define ourselves with, instead we're all just humans, peopleing.
I think we often forget that ideal. It's so easy to be "Hey, so you like Cats right? Guess that means you hate Dogs!" as though because you enjoy one aspect of a 'thing' you hate another 'thing' automatically. We're too quick to assume and judge for the most part, and in making those assumptions and judgments we're missing out on scenarios and other humans who could benefit our lives in ways we've never imagined.
I'm making myself a promise to attempt to be more open. I'm not afraid of being interchangeable, I'm not worried about enjoying different styles of dress, or having my opinions challenged (in an adult & constructive fashion of course). 
We're multifaceted individuals, and our past has shaped us in ways we can't define. No one person has walked your path, in your shoes, except YOU.
It's time we started accepting the good parts, while being unafraid to voice the negatives in a forward-thinking and positive light. Someone's hurt your feelings? TALK to them. If we don't understand each other, how can we ever be at peace?

All of the things :

Body: -Belleza- Freya 
Skin : Essences - Luz @ Shiny Shabby
Head : CATWA Lona
Ears : ^^Swallow^^ Rox Ears 
Tattoo : *Bolson / Tattoo - Mikhail
Lipstick & Eyeshadow : Found in Catwa Hud
Hair & Hat : Beusy: TripleSick Hair (Gacha)
Glasses : NS::  Chic Sunglasses
Jacket  & Shirt : COMPLEX / PARIS BOMBER
Hands : Slink Hands - Dynamic
Nails : Astralia - Compatible mesh nails system
Nail Polish : Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - Astralia - The French One
Rings : Astralia - Bayswater Slink Bento Rings
Pants (Omega Applier) : <Nar> Vee Knit Leggings 02 @ The Night Market
Boots : #EMPIRE - Laurel (Formerly @ Collabor88)


No comments:

Post a Comment