Tuesday 20 February 2018

A little guard.


Pose & Tiger : Poseidon Savage Lands 10 (Gacha) Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Staff : Dahlia - Umrae - Staff - RARE Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Background items & Necklace : Violetility - Mordred Gacha Fantasy Gacha Carnival

This is a post I've had in my head for a while, and I actually tried super hard for about 6 hours one day to make this happen, but that day my face just wasn't having it. Today, I'm surprised because this came about with ease. Sometimes it's just like that and you need to pack up and try again later.
I'm showcasing a lot more items from Fantasy Gacha Carnival, and this amazeballs tattoo is from this round of Bodyfy. Both of these events have been longstanding sponsors for my blog and I'm super proud to have them on my list.
Making this about me (because this is my blog and I can), I try to apply for stores and events that I know I will have a genuine love for. I don't apply willy-nilly to every store that pops up on my feed looking for bloggers and every time I get accepted I really see it as an honor, and I strive to showcase any product I am given honestly and in their best light - that being said, if I truly disliked any product, it would not be featured on my blog. I'm aware I'm a very lucky girl to have such wonderful store owners supporting me so that I can support them with my silly little photographs. I just hope that you, dear reader, can see the quality of the products on show, too.
However, being a "blogger" regardless of your "sponsors" or the length of time you've been doing it, is definitely a labor of love. You can't jump into blogging and expect to be given things immediately. You can't start a blog and then have ALL of your clothing, skin, hair, shape, backgrounds & accessories provided for you through the kind donations of sponsors, you actually have to purchase items. Add to that when you do manage to gain a few sponsors the fact that you will need to showcase their items, it can be quite pricey - and that's sort of where i'm leaving this. I believe the expectation is that as a blogger you get a bunch of awesome stuff for free and then you're set for SL Life because yanno, you're a bigshot! But there are SO many bloggers, so much competition and such a high expectation now, it is becoming harder and harder to stay focused, relevant and on trend.
I hope you find some pleasure in my work, because I do. Rest assured if that feeling of joy ever dissipates, I will move on, but for now and for the forseeable future this blog is going to remain a big part of who Pickle is.


All of the things : 

Body Hands : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Skin : Moccino - Catwa Skin Applier - Maria
Head : CATWA Lona
Eyes : CATWA Mesh Eyes 
Eye Applier : LOTUS. Kitten Eyes
Ears : Random.Matter - Haruhi Ears
Hair : .:EMO-tions:. * LATY * (Gacha) @ Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Headpiece : Dahlia - Umrae - Headpiece - RARE (Gacha) @ Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Tattoo (Upper & Face) : IMMODEST::Primitive:: @ Bodyfy
Chain Bikini : [V-Tech]Azagh (Gacha) @ Fantasy Gacha Carnival
Nails : Astralia - Compatible mesh nails system
Nail Polish : Hello Dave - Nail Appliers - Astralia - The French One


No comments:

Post a Comment