Monday 18 March 2019

Less important.


Pose : FOXCITY. Stairs (Sitting)-4m

Background & Props : FOXCITY. Photo Booth - A Fool's Paradise
{what next} Wall Hanging Plant #1
{what next} Oasis Bloom - Prickly Pear Cactus Planter
{what next} Oasis Bloom - Tall Cactus Planter   
dust bunny . quirky planters . llama
{what next} Oasis Bloom - Succulent Planter
dust bunny . quirky planters . cactus
dust bunny . quirky planters . snail 
dust bunny . quirky planters . hedgehog   

I had a conversation with someone recently that made me think again about who I want to be and where I want to go, and although I feel like without a doubt there have been some positive changes, I do feel like I need to address something that has niggled me for the longest time.
Life isn't fair.
I get that certain people are capable of "playing the game", and therefore they'll be the ones who seemingly succeed, which kinda makes their lives enviable to some... but I can't ever be that person again, if I ever was. The only way I have ever been able to achieve anything is to work my ass off, and as my friend mentioned to me in our conversation, I've worn many hats, especially within SL and whenever I felt like I was heading in a direction that didn't suit me, I think I may have intentionally shot myself in the butt to prevent it from happening. Still, in terms of blogging and photography, no matter how hard I try, how much I think I have improved, my not playing the game hurts me in terms of exposure.
Now, this may seem like I'm sitting here whining that I'm incredibly unpopular, but I'm not. I'm just using this platform as an example of what is changing for me, and how I'm viewing things... and in terms of blogging and many, many other things in my life that I'm not 'there' yet with, I fucking LOVE doing it. Because I love doing this, I will continue to do this. I will not circle jerk and I will stay the eff away from drama surrounding any activity I enjoy. I'm more than happy to work at my own pace now and although that jealousy monster might occasionally rear it's ugly head, it's power is fading daily, and I feel as though each "Congratulations" I pass on to someone else is more genuine than the last.
If others decide to play games, I'll no doubt see it, but it's not my life... it's theirs, and they have every right to live the way they see fit. 
If you love what I do, that's a bonus... but I want to hold my head high and walk with integrity.
So, yeah, life isn't fair, but it does give us a chance to show our worth and I'm finally figuring out what mine is. I'm priceless. And so are you.
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body, Hands & Feet : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Head : GENUS Project (Original)
Skin : . MILA . Neave Skin [Honey] GENUS 
Eyes : -SU!- Medora Eyes /Glitch Wasted (Gacha)
Eyeliner : Veechi - Basic Glossy Liner
Ears : L'Etre - Crystal mesh ears 
Hair :  -Fabia- Mesh Hair   < Andy> @ Rewind (opens 20th March)
Tattoo : DAPPA - Rachel Tattoo. @ Equal10
Shirt : #SHOOK - Thotiana Top @ Level Event
Shorts : BUENO-Spring Shorts @ Kustom9
Sneakers : Native - Another 1 Sneakers 


No comments:

Post a Comment