Friday 22 March 2019

Some good.


Pose : K&S - // No chance to be without you 

Swans : Culprit Swan Seat White (BENTO)
Culprit Swan Seat Black (BENTO)
Available at a 100% Donation to Relay For Life @ The Home & Garden Expo

Taken at my homestead.

I spoke to my RL Mum today. She's a stickler for doing things her way, and as I've been slowly inching my way towards health and happiness, she's not always had the most supportive things to say. "Well hurry up and get it done" has pretty much been the narrative.
We've never had the best relationship, we're a lot alike in personality and we'd clash regularly throughout my teens and.. well, until now, really.
I started to talk to her differently. When I call or visit, I make sure I actually engage with her. I ask her how she is and I listen. I might not have a complete handle on my emotions yet and naturally there's still times where I snap, or she snaps, and we sit in silence for a moment.
Most recently she asked if I liked a pair of shoes she'd purchased for my daughter. I probably should have thought through my answer to be a little more mindful of the effort she went to, but my reply was something along the lines of "Not really, they look like special shoes." She huffed, a lot. For a 70 year old lady she can tantrum like a 6 year old... and rather than just letting it go, I snapped "If you don't want my opinion, don't ask."
I reckon I'm gonna feel bad about that interaction for a while, but I also think that maybe that was important, because I've tended to cower in her presence, and finally, at the grand ol' age of 38, I think I stood up to my Mum.
During my musings about my mental health, I've often wondered how hard it must have been for her growing up, so long ago. It's hardly surprising she has issues due to what she's faced in her past, and having an understanding of that will hopefully allow us to connect on a completely different level.

Anywho. Enjoy the contents of today's blawwwg. Be good to yourself, and each other!
xoxo


Revoul tones for the Arabella Genus Applier skin. I'm wearing RE20, which is top right!
In this set of pictures I'm wearing the DOUX - Brianna Hairstyle and my eyes are Lotus Royalty Mesh Eyes.


All of the things : 

Body Hands & Feet: -Belleza- Freya
Head : GENUS Project (Original)
Skin : Lefort by Revoul Arabella Genus Applier (+ Chubby Body Applier for Belleza) @ Collabor88
Eyelids : L'Etre - Natural mesh eyelids
Ears : ^^Swallow^^ Rox Ears
Hair : *ARGRACE* MAYU (Not sure if this is still available!)
Tattoo : DAPPA - Petal Tattoo. @ Access
Bikini : +MB+ Brianna Bikini 
Nails : Ascendant - Pretentious Nails 


No comments:

Post a Comment