Friday 26 January 2018

Looking out for you.


Pose : FOXCITY. Numb-6
Background : anxiety %prayer EXCLUSIVE @ The Epiphany

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

I've tried to research where the saying originated from, but the closest I get is that a bunch of people have said it throughout the years, and it's now attributed as a modern proverb.
The reason I start with this is because I was thinking about faith, thanks to the Anxiety Prayer background from The Epiphany.
I'm not big on 'An Almighty God' or one being who will judge us all at the end of our existence, but I do believe in humanity, morals and judging yourself before others.
I do have friends and family who have a big belief in what I think is a 'Christian' God. Sometimes, I wish I could have an unerring definitive faith in something as big as a being who is ultimately controlling everything for us, teaching us, guiding us and helping us to learn from our mistakes, but there's an absolute feeling of helplessness and almost despair when I consider this, mostly because if it's the case that we've been shoved here for the entertainment of something else, why aren't we receiving more guidance? 
I don't know all the answers, and I don't pretend to. 
I've also been sporadically watching Morgan Freeman on Netflix do his series about God & Faith. It's incredibly interesting to me that so many religions and faiths are interlinked in their beliefs, and lets face it, it's pretty easy to zone out to Mr Freeman's voice because he could probably make the phone-book sound like a fun time.
Ultimately, I'm not adverse to changing my mind on God, but I'm willing to live my life the best I can for me, and those around me. Not because of the fear that I may not get into Heaven one day.
Hopefully, this post hasn't come across as offensive, I know faith is a very, very personal thing, and it's not my intent to stir up any ill feeling - just to create dialog/a new wave of thought as you peruse the pretties.


All of the things : 

Body & Hands : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Skin : ItGirls - Catwa Skin Applier - Lore Pale
Head : CATWA Uma
Eyes : -SU!- Ophelia Eyes /Fatpack (Gacha)
Eyeshadow : -SU!- Somber Eyeshadow 
Lipstick : Deesses Boutique: CATWA - Suzy lipstick set (May have been discontinued, sorry!)
Ears : Random.Matter - Haruhi Ears
Hair : Lovey Dovey :: Adilyn
Headband :  :: SAGA :: Headband of Spikes and  Roses
Dress : .miss chelsea. Zita Dress For 50L Friday
Rings : Amala - The Jacqueline Stacking Rings Uber 
Hand Bracelet : Amala - The Jacqueline Hand Bracelets Uber 
Shawl & Butterflies : + Summer Night Drape + {aii}


I thought it'd be nice to have a look at the Aii Butterfly Shawl. It's only 99L and it's so stinkin' cute - it attaches (bento style) to your 'wings' and the movement is fluid & adorable. There are also some add-on sparkles to make it even more sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment