Wednesday 24 January 2018

Some-place real.


Pose : -7P-Pawn It All Couple Pose (Edited minimally with Animare) @  Men Only Monthly

Props : Mutresse-Fascinated-Witty Cats (Gacha)
-tres blah-  Hodgepodge - Morning Start (Gacha)
BUENO-Chest on Wheels -NYC (Gacha)
BUENO- Summer Fan-NYC (Gacha)
BUENO Antique Rug 1 (Gacha)

Home. It's such a simple word, and yet has so many connotations. I often thought that as I got older, home would relate to a house. Four walls, a roof. But it's not. There are many things that can remind you of home. When I return to my parents house it's definitely still the same house I grew up in. I mean, sure, they've redecorated a lot since I've grown (thankfully), and we no longer have the awful sofa my brothers and I fought over the end seating of. Our Television, once boxy and trimmed with the fake wood reminiscent of the 80's with only *gasp* 4 channels that you actually had to get up to change has now been replaced with the fancy flat-screen with a bajillion channels at the touch of your fingertips (assuming Dad isn't sitting on the remote and can't find it, ofc). Although my parents house was my house for a good 16ish years of my life, it hasn't been home for another good 16ish years (Hush, I'm old!). I'm not sad about that. I know that my parents aren't ever going to sell that house, and part of me is incredibly happy because of the sentimental value that lies within the walls there - and also the sentimental value that sits ON the walls, thanks to my Mum's penchant for embarrassing pictures of Pickle & Her Brothers growing up.
Even now, as I sit inside my own little Flat-That-Jack-Built (trust me, it's falling apart, has been since I moved in), I don't necessarily have the same security I felt as a child. I know I'm lucky, and don't get me wrong I have no intentions of moving any time soon, but growing up isn't all that it's cracked up to be really. I rent, for one, where my parents have now owned their house for years. Maybe that's the missing piece of my puzzle to finding a home.
Or perhaps, you can find familiarity not in mortar & stones, but in the people you surround yourself with. My family will always feel like home, but now, Santi kinda does too.
He doesn't know it (until he reads this), but he really has given me a whole new perspective, and by supporting me, and giving me the positivity that he has done every day since we met, I am becoming a better person. I'm not as worried and scared as I used to be about trivial things. I'm not obsessing over matters that don't mean anything. He's part of my home now. From miles away, the warmth and the guidance he offers me is nothing less than indescribable, and I am a very, very lucky girl to know him.
/endsap

Santi is wearing :

Body, Hands & Feet : [SIGNATURE] Gianni - Mesh Body 
Skin : STRAY DOG - Caleb
Head :  CATWA HEAD Daniel
Beard : Volkstone Grizzly Facial Hair 
Hair & Hairbase : Yuth - HurtBae
Tattoo : Dappa - No Love
Jeans : Represent - Utility Jeans


All of the things : 

Body, Hands & Feet:  Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Head : CATWA Uma
Skin :  Essences Jessica Catwa Pocket Gacha 
Eyes :  CATWA Mesh Eyes 
Eye Appliers :  LOTUS. Florescent Eyes (Gacha)
Ears : Mandala Simple Ears 
Eyeshadow : Veechi - Cleo Liner @ N21
Freckles :  Bossie. freckles & star stickers
Lipstick :  [PF] CATWA LIPSTICK - Pure Matte (Reds)
Hair : #Foxy - Her Hair @ Collabor88
Tattoo : DAPPA - Kaiju Tattoo. @ Hipster Mens Event
Lingerie : erratic / cecilia - lingerie 
Shoes : _CandyDoll_Alyona Boots @ Kustom9


No comments:

Post a Comment