Thursday 11 January 2018

Set another goal.


Pose :  Go&See * Cutie * 5 (Note, the animation in the bag over-rides the arm/hand pose)
Background :  BUENO-City Block @ TMD

I'm going to broach a very sensitive subject for the blogger community today. I've attempted this in the past, but I believe my mentality was wrong, and the words just ended up looking like I was ungrateful and spiteful, rather than contemplative and confused... so today, I try again.
Over the past two years I have been incredibly -incredibly- lucky to gain the support of some absolutely amazing brands for this blog. I am -so- grateful, and often amazed at their creativity and skill, and also grateful that their products allow my creativity to flow too.
When I began my journey, I had made the decision that everything I got would be earned through progression & work. I would improve, hoping to turn the heads of a few people along the way to help support my growth with the pictures I take & the showcasing of the way I wear their products.
I continue with that theory today.
These last few months, I have struggled immensely with new sponsorships.
Now, I understand that being a blogger is all about social networking and not just plain talent. I also know there are other people who have far more talent than I do in their photography, and I honestly hope that continues to be the case forever, otherwise I will have nowhere to aspire to be.
I am an introvert. I accept this! However it means that there are times where I legitimately cannot cope with being around "people". This makes the social aspect of blogging an absolute nightmare for me. The anxious, overthinking, over-talking & explaining part of my brain just won't allow me to get involved with the community on the level I might like to, in order to continue my growth.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what I do, and I blog because not only do I enjoy the outlet SL provides for photography & fashion, but now, I also enjoy writing, even if it's a bunch of Pickled nonsense! I would be lying if part of me didn't want to succeed to a greater extent than I am right now. I feel like I have stagnated, and although *I* think I see an improvement in my photography from the beginning of my journey, I feel like I am being overlooked because I choose not to favourite and like and share and be as involved in the social aspect of blogging in order to make my pictures get noticed. 
I am not that girl.
I know there are more bloggers & flickrites & photographers who feel the same way I do, and I really feel like there should be two categories when creators choose their bloggers. One being "Friends who blog" and the other being "Bloggers I want to support & showcase my product".
It is -so- frustrating to watch the conversations on facebook/flickr occur, seeing the same people who happen to blog and be friends with a creator suddenly appear on their blogger list, when you feel like you're working your butt off to improve. I'm not saying those people don't necessarily deserve their spots, but there are always "wtf?" moments for me when I see the names appear.
Again, I understand that as a creator you want maximum exposure for your brand, and having an online presence will no doubt give out a helping hand for that and I am not bashing or belittling anybody for being friends with a creator - I too have creator friends and I am always humbled when they provide me with items to blog... I am simply venting.
Whatever the case, I will continue to love on & support those creators who's products I genuinely adore, and I will never stop purchasing from somebody who has "rejected" me as a blogger. 
I hope this post doesn't come off as "poor Pickle", because I do not feel "poor" at all.
I'm enriched with the sponsors I do have, each one is a gift, each one also allows me to express a part of my creativity that I might not know existed had they not produced their item and allowed me to be a part of their marketing team. I am, and will continue to be humbled and blessed by those who support me by allowing me to support them. <3


All of the things : 

Body & Feet: -Belleza- Isis
Head : CATWA Uma
Skin : [theSkinnery] Laura Collabor88
Eyes : -SU!- Ophelia Eyes /Fatpack (Gacha) (Formerly at N21)
Freckles1 : Bossie. freckles & star stickers
Eyeshadow & Face Tattoo : -SU!- Ilienne Eye Makeup "Ink" 
Ears :   ^^Swallow^^  Gauged Ears
Hair : Exile:: Slow Dancing Collabor88
Headband : .Oppa. Emily Ears Headband 
Mask : BTTB ros mask (Former Gift)
Necklace : :BAMSE: Button Necklace - Daddy's (Gacha)
Tattoo : *Bolson / Tattoo - Mikhail
Tank : -tres blah- Bella Tank Top
Fur Coat : Moon Elixir - Rich Girl (Maitreya version, Formerly @ District20)
Puppy Bag : Tentacio & .{PSYCHO:Byts}. Underground Winter-MomDogs Bag(Gacha) @ The Seasons Story
Shorts : -SU!- Laced Shorts
Boots : _CandyDoll_ Rania Boots 


No comments:

Post a Comment