Monday 11 June 2018

Too long.


Pose : Part of the Cane AO.

Location : -Arranmore-

Cane : [ContraptioN]xSLC Bento AO Gentleman's Cane System 

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the different types of masks we wear. I know there's going to be a few of you that don't feel like you wear masks, but if you search deep enough, I think you'll have no choice but to agree that sometimes it's a necessity, even if you're meaning the best for you and everyone around you.
For the most part, I try to remain pretty unguarded. I like to think I see people in their best light - but I am easily affected by the language someone uses and their ways of expressing themselves... and if I get the feeling that there's someone not being 100% real with me, I'll throw a mask up too, and mirror that back to them. 
There are also times where we plaster on a smile and act like everything is okay, when in reality, maybe we're not quite as okay as we'd like everyone to believe.
There's been a myriad of losses in the community lately thanks to depression, anxiety, suicide and general negativity around mental health. I feel like it's important to continue to address these issues consistently and constantly, not to shame, but to bring to light the fact that although someone can appear fine, they may be fighting a battle you're unaware of.
I want to throw out a reminder that just because you feel alone, it doesn't mean that you are alone. There is NO SHAME in reaching out. It will not weaken you!
I can't express how saddening it is that we haven't worked out how to support each other through these tough times. How we haven't learned to see the sorrow in someone's smile, or the hurt in their eyes, enough to reach out a hand for them to hold when their pain becomes to much for them to bear.
Please, be as kind as you can to each other. 
We are all here for a reason... we're all a little bent out of shape. Let's start today by showing compassion, to ourselves and each other.
xoxo.


All of the things : 

Body, Hands & Feet : [SIGNATURE] Gianni - Mesh Body
Hair : Tableau Vivant // Charlize hair @ Collabor88
Mask : {-Maru Kado-} Crow Mask set @ TMD
Jacket : not so bad . mesh . GABRIEL suit blazer  @ TMD
Pants : -David Heather-Lio Pants @ TMD
Boots : fame femme: Leon Boots 


No comments:

Post a Comment