Monday 5 March 2018

Take a look.


Pose : <K&S> Bloom Male Pose 4
Background : FOXCITY. Photo Booth - Rose Bathroom Backdrop City

I had an entirely different idea for this outfit, I figured "Oh hey, it'd be really ironic to put this hair on, with those naughty pants, and do 'sexy lumberjack'", but the truth is, Man-Pickle just looks far too good to be ironic right now. Instead I'm doing "I'm at my girlfriends apartment, having a quick pee and a last look in the mirror before I go into the bedroom and seduce her". -shrugs-

I chose a Michael Jackson song for this picture. Mainly because the title is "Man in the Mirror." I was apparently 8 years old (shh, I'm getting on a bit), when he performed this at the Grammys in the video shown below. I admit, although I've always enjoyed MJ's music, I've never really watched his older videos. I guess they're all older now, because he's passed and I'm OLD. However, this particular song has always been one of my favourites.
When I was a child I had a keyboard. It taught you how to play popular songs at the time with a little red light on the keys. The light lit up when you were supposed to press down, and the only thing you had to do was to remember the rhythm. This was the only song I knew at the time, and I soon learned how to play the basics on the keyboard by religiously (and probably rather annoyingly for my parents) repeating it. It wasn't until I was older that I actually understood the lyrics, and not even then did I comprehend the massive impact MJ must have been having at the time by bringing world issues to the forefront of people's minds.
I guess we'll never really know the struggles this amazing artist went through, or the truth to the controversial issues we've been privy to, but I can't deny that even now, 30 years on (groans inwardly, 30 years!!), Man in the Mirror still makes my skin break out into goosebumps, and that's a pretty amazing feat.
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body, Hands & Feet : [SIGNATURE] Gianni - Mesh Body (Recently updated, should be automatically delivered!) 
Skin : STRAY DOG -  TREY TMD 
Head :  CATWA HEAD Stanley 
Eyes :  [JOE SL] CAULIFLOWER MESH EYES
Ears : ^^Swallow^^ Dragon Ears @ Kustom9
Hair : MIRROR - Axel Hair TMD 
Tattoo :DAPPA - Lost Boys Tattoo
Watch : [Z O O M] Classic Johnson Watch TMD 
Pants : RIOT /  Triton Shorts TMD 


No comments:

Post a Comment