Tuesday 24 April 2018

Here we go again.


Pose : Hello Gorgeous Guys My Age Pose 1
Background & Decor : Trompe Loeil - Margaux Photo Backdrop + Surround

{vespertine}- birds of paradise palm. Collabor88

_CandyDoll_ Dolly Mannequin Simple The Epiphany

Refuge - Fairytale Mirror Gold  The Seasons Story

Violetility - District Bed [Light] RLD 

I have this one friend in SL who has been with me since almost the very beginning of my journey. Almost 10 years, now.
Unfortunately for me (but luckily for her!) her RL has become far too busy to allow her to pop into SL very often. It doesn't escape me however how very lucky I am to have her in my life.
Yesterday we talked again for the first time in maybe four months, she slid easily back into my life, and I hers, and we chatted about everything, real and virtual.. then all too soon it was time for her to disappear again.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not sad. I mean, it would be lovely to spend much more time with her. However, I firmly believe that her time is far better spent in the real world, doing the real things. The one thing I have noticed lately is the negativity, and we briefly chatted last night about how 10 years ago we were so much more likely to befriend someone on a whim. Now, both of us question motives... and I can't help but wonder, what is it about this secondlife, a place where you can be anything, and anyone, that makes people want to be mean?
Why are people creating relationships only to abandon them without word?
What makes you cuss and swear at that stranger you approached 5 minutes ago, when all they've done is signify a slight difference of opinion?
Are we becoming a society of callous, self entitled, pseudo-humans unable to take even the slightest bit of constructive criticism, preferring to have smoke blown up our butts than to have ways to improve pointed out?
More to the point, why are we so desperate to have these mean spirited people like us?
I feel like it's so nice to be nice, why would I try to be anything but? Of course, I have my moments where I'm a right raging bitch... but usually I have been pushed to that point.

Do something nice today, if it's a positive word to a friend, or a compliment to a stranger. Be someone good, someone you'd like to meet. Just for today.
xoxo.


All of the things : 

Body Hands & feet : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Skin : Moccino - Catwa Skin Applier - Maria
Head : CATWA Lona
Eyes : [ Conviction ] Lucid Eyes (ESSENTIALS) @ The Epiphany
Ears : random.Matter - Haruhi Ears 
Hair base : Just Magnetized - Basic Hairbase - set 03 for CATWA
Hair : DOUX - Grande Hairstyle 
Collar & Cuffs : Dahlia - fleur de lis RLD 
Tattoo : DAPPA - Paradise Tattoo. Equal10
Lingerie : :::insanya::: Lingerie Chloe RLD 


No comments:

Post a Comment