Monday 2 April 2018

Will you call my name?


Pose : <K&S> Loveliness Pose 2
Location : Whole Wheat

Dear Mr. Vernon: 

We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it is we did wrong. But we think you're crazy for making us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us: in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. 
But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain, 
and an athlete, 
a basket case, 
a princess, 
and a criminal. 
Does that answer your question? 

Sincerely yours, 
The Breakfast Club.

Ok, so we all know this story by now, and if you don't, you really need to get on this shit and watch The Breakfast Club. I mean, it's been out for like 35 years, so you don't have any freakin' excuse and it's also on Netflix (watching it again now as I type!)
It's the quintessential 80's movie, which, if re-booted today, would still hold up in terms of story lines and characters. Perhaps those simplistic labels would be different, but the labels would still be there.
I had to think about this outfit from Miss Chelsea.
I mean, I knew it was based around the "Criminal" character, but I've never really dabbled in being that person.. and although it comes with an amazingly cute "Guilty" choker (optional), I swapped that out with the "Loner" one from Quirky purely on the basis of that is  how *I* see myself.
I feel like we can all be a little of everything - and I think this entire outfit has pushed that out of me, to the point where I didn't even realize I was encompassing almost all of the labels mentioned in that letter until now. 
Pickle the brain : I like words. I like creating images with words. Not particularly good at retaining information, and give me a maths problem and I'll immediately get out a calculator or take my socks off to be able to use my toes to count higher, but I'm not stupid (all the time).
Athlete : To be fair, the only thing you're going to catch me running for is more pizza, but I do wear trainers/sneakers a lot? :P
Basket Case : This one appeals to me! Hi! I'm Pickle, and I'm fucking crazy!
Princess : Dabbling in make-up, painting my nails, keeping up with fashion? Yes please! This is an INNER me though, in RL at least. SL allows me far more creativity to be girly and pretty sometimes, and I don't feel weird when I wear all the pink things (again, sometimes!)
Criminal : Although I've never done anything over-the top, I think we all done something we shouldn't have. Maybe something morally questionable, or uh, you know, something your parents wouldn't have liked *coughs*, yeah. That'll do.
It's been made for the event "The Clique", which as you probably know by now is a music & fashion event in SL based around the whole movie of The Breakfast Club. If you haven't already visited, it's well worth checking out, so hit those LM's below and get ready to part with your Lindens!
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body & Feet: -Belleza- Freya
Head : CATWA Magy
Skin : ItGirls - Catwa Skin Applier - Brigit 
Eyes : .ARISE. Sadie Eyes
Eye Liner : . MILA . Princess of Darkness Makeup
Freckles : Bossie. freckles & beauty marks [catwa]
Lipstick : [PF] CATWA LIPSTICK - Glossy Nudes (Faded out using the catwa hud)
Hair : tram G1113 hair
Choker : .Quirky. - Lexxi Collar - Loner
Necklace :  +Half-Deer+ Forest Charm - Acorn Necklace @ Lootbox
Coat : *COCO*_BikerJacketOverShoulders
Dress : .miss chelsea. Jana Dress @ The Clique
Hands : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara (Yes you can wear your Maitreya hands! Activate SLINK FIT on the Belleza body, but be aware you WILL need omega/maitreya enabled appliers for skins & tattoos! There's also a slight clipping when wearing long sleeved Belleza fit clothing)
Gloves :  .miss chelsea.  Jana Gloves (Maitreya ONLY)  @ The Clique
Boots : [VALE KOER] UNDERCHEEK BOOTS


No comments:

Post a Comment