Sunday 22 April 2018

Lose myself.


Pose : FOXCITY. Ballet Minx-2 (Slightly edited head-tilt with Animare)
Background & Decor : 
Refuge - Spark Lamp Shimmer Gold 
FOXCITY. Photo Booth - Show Time- Lights @ Limit8

When I was younger, I did a BUNCH of activities. My parents were the pushy type, but honestly, none of us kids really had a talent for anything they pushed us into. My days were filled with school, and my evenings would consist of Girls Brigade (similar to girl scouts), Viola lessons, Orchestra, Ballet, Tap, Band, etc etc. This was pretty normal for us, and I never really appreciated it - probably still don't fully appreciate the effort my parents went to now, but at the time, all I wanted to do was go out and spend time with my friends, like the normal kids did.
Instead, I would be in a stuffy room, full of sweaty nerdy kids, struggling to par le' somethingorother or arpeggio badly on the viola.
One memory I will always treasure however, is being Frosty the Snowman for a dance show.
I know, it sounds dumb. It WAS dumb. It was SO dumb that my mum made my costume, out of pillow cases.
But no matter how dumb it was, I was motherfucking Frosty. I mean, how many Frosty's are there in the Frosty the snowman song? ONE. And I was it. That meant I was important. I had a freakin' solo. 
I think I must have been like 13. Still petite then, because let's face it, doing all the things ALL the time keeps you fit and trim. I still remember opening night of that show, there I am, doused in the frumpy pillowcases of my rather creative, pushy mother, waiting for that opening of the curtain, the younger children running and screaming in the background, getting into position waiting for the music to start too... and then the curtains actually open.
I don't have a horror story for you. 
It actually went really well, and the kids popped that hat on my head and I tap-danced my way across the stage with step-ballchanges and shuffles like a pro.
There's probably a VHS tape of it somewhere in my parents collection, shamefully.

This photo, despite being far more elegant than a frumpy Frosty, reminds me of the feeling I got at the end of that performance. The feeling of "Hey, I did it. All that work, all that effort, all that practice and it happened!"

I also just found out I have a niece. I've never been an Aunty before. Welcome to the world, little Harper. I can't wait to meet you!
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body Hands & feet : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara
Skin : Moccino - Catwa Skin Applier - Maria
Head : CATWA Lona
Eyes : [ Conviction ] Lucid Eyes (ESSENTIALS) The Epiphany
Hair base : Just Magnetized - Basic Hairbase - set 03 for CATWA
Hair : [LeLutka]-SALOME hair (Note: This is an older hair, found upstairs in the lelutka store)
Ears : random.Matter - Haruhi Ears 
Outfit : 27.EVANI - Sommer bodysuit PASTEL RARE The Epiphany
Shoes : Astralia - Half Pointe 


No comments:

Post a Comment