Sunday 1 April 2018

When the cloud breaks.


Pose : FOXCITY. Show Off-4m

Props : Refuge - Nautica Set 
Spargel & Shine Homes Primula Beach House
[NC] - Tropical Palm Tree

When I was small, my family had a caravan by the beach. I use the term beach very loosely, because once again, I remind you this is England, and what was considered a beach was actually about 3 feet of stony/sandy toot with some kinda greyish water.
My Dad asked me to go fishing with him in that awful grey water one day, and I jumped at the chance. I must have been about 13, and he often took my brothers but rarely thought I would be interested. My middle brother had managed to catch an eel a couple of weeks previous, and I wanted nothing more than to prove that I could do better. "Want to bait the hook?" my Dad asked. I died a little inside and shied away from that pretty sharpish.
My Dad bent over to get a maggot from the tupperware pot he used, and what do you know, two £10 notes flew out of his pocket and started to blow down the beach. "What are you just standing there for? RUN!" << My Dad.
So there I am at 13. definitely not a track star, running down a dingy British beach, chasing after £20. I legit run the entire length of that fuckin' beach, and it was like something out of a comedy. I get close, I smack my foot over where the note should land and of course, the wind picks up and off it flies just out of reach. How did I know it was the end of the beach? There's a chain-link fence leading onto a private military area, and the two notes - instead of getting stuck on that fence like they should have - somehow slid right into that private area.
I am devastated. My fishing trip with my Dad has been ruined, and he's going to shout at me. I'm sobbing because even then I'm an emotional wreck. After walking lethargically back to the fishing spot, my cheeks stained with tears and sniveling rather pathetically my Dad stands there with his hands on his hips and says... "I didn't expect you to run THAT far!"

Luckily in SL we have pretty beaches, and fishing is usually rewarded with prizes! The only thing you're going to lose your linden to are the absolutely stunning fashion finds featured right here in this blog! :P (Totes imagined myself as a TV host there. NotSorry)
xoxo


All of the things : 

Body & Feet: -Belleza- Freya
Head : CATWA Magy
Skin : ItGirls - Catwa Skin Applier - Brigit 
Eyes : .ARISE. Sadie Eyes
Hair : Moon. Hair. // Distance @ Kustom9 
Sand Applier : Izzie's - Body & Face Beach Sand
Hands : Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara (Yes you can wear your Maitreya hands! Activate SLINK FIT on the Belleza body, but be aware you WILL need omega/maitreya enabled appliers for skins & tattoos!)
Bikini : BUENO-Moon Bikini @ FaMESHed (Opens today)


No comments:

Post a Comment